How can I change my account information?
Click the “My Account” button in the top right. Underneath the heading “My Account”, you’ll find the words “View/Edit Full Profile”. Click on this link, and from here you will be able to edit your account details.
I have taken a position at a new agency. Do I have to create a new account?
No. You may go to the "My Profile" section of the "My Account" page and update your information. If you have forgotten your password and no longer have access to your old email account, please email email@example.com
Why won't my phone number or birthdate be accepted?
Phone numbers must be entered as XXX-XXX-XXXX and birthdates must be entered as MM/DD/YYYY.
I have several people in my department that I would like to register for training. Do each of them need to register for an account with PreparingTexas.org?
Yes. Each individual responder must register for an account. This allows them to keep an individual record/transcript of completed training. You are not to use your account to register someone else.
I registered for a new account and have not received my account activation email. How do I log in?
First, please check your spam filter. That is the most common reason why the email did not reach you. If you have no indication of ever receiving an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, please notify the registrar at email@example.com
When I click on 'Add Certificates' to Upload Into My Transcript the page doesn’t load, and it says that my email address is incorrect.
Please make sure that your Auto Fill is turned off. The Auto Fill feature in Google Chrome breaks the links in Preparing Texas. Here is a tutorial on how to turn it off: Turning Off AutoFill in Preparing Texas
1. Visit www.preparingtexas.org and click on “Schedule” on the blue ribbon at the top of the page.
2. At the top of this page, you’ll see a few filtering options.
How do I locate training in my area?
- If you’re looking for a specific activity such as a “Training”, “Exercise”, or “Event”, click the circle in front of the word. Otherwise, click the circle in front of “All Activity” to show results for all activities.
- If you’re looking for an activity conducted by a specific organization, click on the dropdown menu next to “Provider” and select your provider of preference. Otherwise, leave the dropdown menu at “Any”.
- If you’re looking for an activity conducted within a specific region, click on the dropdown menu next to “Region” and select your region of preference. If you don’t know your region, click the blue “Show Map” for a region map. Otherwise, leave the dropdown menu at “Any COG”.
- If you’re looking for an activity conducted within a specific time frame, click the dropdown menu next to “Month” and select your month of preference. Then, click the dropdown menu next to “Show” and select “Within this month”. If you’d like to instead see activity options for six months out or a year out from that month, choose the corresponding option in the “Show” dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down to view the upcoming activities that fit the parameters of your filters. If you have any questions, please contact your region’s State Training Officer.
How do I register for a classroom or virtual training?
Registration for classroom training can be found by going to www.preparingtexas.org and locating the course in either the search box beneath our logo or the Course Catalog located conveniently in the center and to the right of the HOME page.
Once on the Course Description Page, scroll to “Available Classes” choose a class and click register.
I submitted a registration for a class and my status shows "Pending." What does this mean?
Your registration is pending approval from the class point of contact. There is nothing more you need to do unless there are special registration requirements stated on the class page. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration has been approved.? Notify the point of contact if your status stays as "Pending" for several .
It’s possible that at the time when you registered for the class, you did not have the required prerequisite certifications uploaded to your preparingtexas.org transcript. You should have received an email upon your class denial that outlines potential reasons for denial.
Your registration may have been denied for one of the following reasons:
1. The course prerequisites have not been met (proof of prerequisites must be listed on your transcript in www.preparingtexas.org).
2. You do not meet the “Target Audience” as defined in the course description.
Once you have met the requirements to take the course(s), you may reapply. If you need assistance in uploading your certificates to your account, please click here for a guide.
I am unable to attend the training, what do I do?
Contact the Point of Contact for the class you registered for. You can also send us a message in firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we receive our certificates?
Once you have completed a TDEM classroom or TDEM virtual course, the class completion paperwork will be forwarded to the Training Unit for closing and to generate certificates. Those certificates are automatically uploaded to your transcript in Preparing Texas.
How do I upload certificates to my transcript?
Click here for a guide.
TDEM VIRTUAL TRAINING CENTER (VTC)
I have a question about my upcoming virtual class hosted on the TDEM VTC, where can I go for more information?
For our TDEM VTC Quick Start guide, click here. It contains helpful information on how to access your class, how to navigate the virtual platform, and how to troubleshoot basic technical issues.
How do I request a transcript of my FEMA Independent Study ?
Click here and send the completed form to FEMA.
How do I obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) Number?
Click here to obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number.